Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I've been Working on the Railroad...

My brother-in-law works for Union Pacific and was working his crew last Saturday morning while we were in Dallas. His crew was repairing some rail right under the "big ball" in downtown Dallas! It was so very cool to be right down in the midst of some very serious railroad action!

My sissy and I were pumped to be there and potentially execute some rail repair! To our surprise we were haulted by my brother-in-law {count your blessings Union Pacific} before stepping foot on the tracks, all because of this small infraction...Footwear infraction, are you kidding me? No flip flops allowed on the tracks, huh...I can't imagine why??? We were pretty much over the whole experience as soon as we found out that we weren't going to be able to be right out in the middle of the action. My sissy and I found ourselves perched in the hot Texas sun waiting on the boys (Charlie and my hubby) to get all geeked up on machinery verify that the crew was getting the job done. My sissy and I were so very hot, but were rewarded for our superior art of supervision with a nice lunch date with our hubby's here...I had never eaten at Hard Rock so I was super excited! After we ate we headed back to our hotel to make the trip from Dallas to Allen to hit the outlet mall.

I told you in a previous post that my sissy and I are on a constant laugh attack when we are together. Prime example...take a look at this picture and tell me if you notice anything "different":Not anything too crazy, right??? Just some big high-top tennis shoes...right??? Now look at this picture:Oh my gracious! Your eyes are not playing tricks on you, these are HUGE! These bad boys are size 22's and my sissy and I ran across them at Nike while shopping at the outlet. The shoe was way longer than my entire lower leg, ha! Please ignore the fact that I look crazy in the picture because I was trying to hold back the fact that I was dying laughing! We were amazed at how the shoes didn't quite look as HUGE in the pics until you saw them with my body in the pic as well, ha! Who in the heck wears a size 22? I guess that's why they were on closeout at the outlet, ha!

After a little outlet shopping on Saturday night, we headed out to a delicious dinner at Uncle Julio's. It was super delicious and the atmosphere was great! It was such a nice night out so we ate on the patio and that made it even better! If you are in Allen you have to try it...so yummy!

We made one last trip to the outlet on Sunday before heading home, just to make sure we didn't miss anything fabulous! We all had so much fun together and it was so great to have a weekend getaway with my 3 favorite people. We grabbed some lunch then it was time to make our way back home. Here's my hubby's favorite driving assistant... ha!


Natalie

3 comments:

  1. LOL...those shoes..are something else. :-)

    Dallas is so much fun, I havent been in forever!! I am digging your Razorback shirt...cute.

    I think its neat youre a Clark..my grandparents and my mom are Clarks..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have bought me those size 22's I need a good paddle boat LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. I wish you the best with your Philippians 2:14 challenge. It is minute by minute be conscious of what I say. I really have to work at it.

    I visited your blog...coincedence...my brother works for Union Pacific as well. He works from Dalhart, TX into New Mexico. Different track!!

    Many blessings to you. Look forward to hearing about your progress on your running. I should join you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Comments