Friday, September 4, 2009

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!

Tomorrow is a BIG day...the start of college football season! I am sure that you understand my extreme excitement, especially if you read my earlier post this week.

What goes perfect with your favorite game? Chips and Dip of course!!! On Gameday at my house an arsenal of dips along with an ice cold Diet Coke in my Razorback koozie are a must!
BooMama is hosting a Diptacular today with tons of dips recipes. Stop by her blog and check out all the recipes...I am sure that you will find a ton of dips to add to your gameday dip collection!

Here is one of my favorites and it's so delicious! It's from sweet Paula Deen so you know it's gonna be good!

Shore Is Good Seafood Dip
Recipe courtesy of your favorite and mine, Paula Deen

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium green bell pepper
diced 1 medium onion
diced 2 stalks celery
1/2 of a 10 3/4-ounce can cream of shrimp soup (discard top half and use bottom half of soup)
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 pound freshly grated Parmesan
1 (6-ounce) can crabmeat, picked free of any broken shells, drained
6 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 teaspoon white pepper {I just use black unless I am trying to be extra fancy}

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
Add the bell pepper, onion, and celery and saute for 2 minutes.
In a bowl combine the soup, mayonnaise, Parmesan, crabmeat, shrimp, and pepper.

Stir the sauteed vegetables into the seafood mixture and spoon this mixture into a lightly greased 8 x 11-inch casserole dish.
Bake for 30 minutes then serve with crackers, toast points, or chips.

I don't like celery, so I omit the fresh celery {I hate the stringy parts} and substitute with celery salt. Paula does not call for any salt in this dish so the celery salt works out perfect...it gives the dish the taste of celery but without the dreaded "strings."

I always use fresh lump crab meat {you can buy it at Sam's} and fresh uncooked shrimp {deveined} as well. I cut the shrimp in half and lightly chop the crab meat still leaving it a little "lumpy." By chopping the crab meat just a little bit it disperses better so that there is some in every bite.

I like to serve mine with Kettle Cooked Lays {love that chip} or Club Crackers.

Have fun cheering on your favorite college team this weekend! I will be screaming my lungs out cheering my Arkansas Razorbacks to a victory over the Missouri State Bears...Go Hogs Go!






Natalie

6 comments:

  1. Sounds good!! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious. I'll try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie,
    I was just stopping by from SITS and see that you are a Razorback fan!! Go HOGS! Thanks for the dip recipe.
    You should see my razorback drinkware, btw.
    http://bentleyboutique.com/

    Signing out from Little Rock... Judi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I saw your comment on Lamberts Lately and saw that you're a Razorback fan, too! I lived in Fayetteville for 10 years and went to college there as well- I love the Hogs! My husband went to a football game with me a few years ago and he did NOT understand the hog call. He thought we were crazy, especially since every single fan knew the fight song (he went to college in Chicago.. it's totally different up here). Sometimes I just do it on a whim to weird him out :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds great....so ready for football....
    Just blog hopping tonight...and loved yours...
    Hope you will stop by and visit my new Christmas blog. There is a great giveaway this week.
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious, but a lot of work just for a dip.

    Stopping in from SITS.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Comments