Monday, September 28, 2009

I was in total Shock and Awe!

My handsome hubby (HH) got me the most thoughtful gift that I have ever received this year for my birthday! In order to completely understand my absolute shock and awe, you will have to have a little background info...so here goes! For those of you that might not know, my HH and I got married this August in the Dominican Republic.
The wedding was absolutely beautiful and so very romantic...it was so perfect! I loved the fresh beautiful flowers that adorned my room at the resort everyday. The maids were so very sweet and so thoughtful. The bouquet that I carried for the wedding was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. After the wedding ceremony, I placed my bouquet in a vase in my room carefully changing the water each morning. I wanted to take this beautiful bouquet home to dry/preserve and save as a keepsake forever.

I was in for the shock surprise of my life when I arrived at the airport to depart home. I was told by the customs agents that I was unable to take the flowers home, but could take the greenery and ribbon. I thought to myself, "is this some kind of cruel joke?" I mean the greenery and ribbon, ha! I was mad as a snake to say the least and proceeded to have a mini emotional breakdown. As I ripped the ribbon off the bouquet that I so carefully tried to keep fresh for it's trip back to Oklahoma, I cried. The tears would not stop coming and all I could think of was the fact that it meant so much to me and I was throwing it away! I was so very upset!
My birthday was last Wednesday and to my surprise I came home to find the most thoughtful gift that anyone has ever given me! My HH had an exact replica of the bouquet that I loved so much made for me....was this a joke?...my trashed long lost wedding bouquet? There was no joke about it, I have the sweetest hubby ever! He secretly emailed the florist a picture of my bouquet and she made it exact...even down to the ribbon! If I didn't know, I would think that this was the exact same bouquet that I carried down the aisle the day that I married my best friend and love of my life!

I am more and more amazed everyday at the way that he loves me! This was by far the best gift that anyone has ever given to me...such a sweetheart HH is, I love him to pieces!

I hope that everyone had a great Monday! I had a great time in Dallas over the weekend and will have a post tomorrow about all the fun!

Natalie

3 comments:

  1. Aww that's so sweet. That's horrible about your flowers! I have never heard of such. You look so pretty in your wedding pics. :)
    I will post my chicken chili recipe tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so very sweet. My hubby doesn't know how to be romantic. You keep that one!!! LOL

    Kami

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, you are a beautiful bride! Secondly, your husband is really sweet to do that for you! Those flowers are gorgeous!!

    I'm glad you had a great time in Dallas!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Comments