Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving at the Newlyweds

Billy and I are hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year for the first time and I couldn't be more excited about it!

Here is a list of all the yummy goodness that I will be preparing for the big day...
  • Turkey. We always buy just the turkey breasts and cook them since we don't have any fans of dark meat in the fam. Did you know that you can just buy the breast at the store...this was at one time news to me and brilliant I might add. Billy will be smoking the turkey this year which I am sure will prove to be fabulous!

  • Mashed Potatoes and Gravy. Need I say more? Each Thanksgiving I am convinced that I could potentially have mashed potatoes running out my ears because I have consumed so many, ha!

  • Seven Layer Salad. My mom is going to make this one, it's one of her specialties ...it is definitely a Southern family favorite!

  • Cornbread Salad. I've told you about this one in a previous post...another one of my Southern family's favorites and a must have for any family gathering.

  • Green Bean Bundles. If you don't know about these delicious little bundles of love, then you are truly missing out. I will pass on the recipe to anyone that needs it, just let me know.

  • Mimi's Dressing. I will be attempting this one for the first time this year so wish me luck! Thanksgiving just isn't complete without some yummy dressing {a.k.a stuffing}to go with your turkey and potatoes.

  • Rolls. What better to compliment an entire plate of goodness? I am just not sure that there's a better one, ha!

  • Pies. My mom is making some pies to bring and I am not sure which ones she will choose to make, but they will for sure be delicious! I am sure that after dinner when the pie time is prime I will be too full to even think about eating a single piece, ha!

I have so many things to be thankful for...I am thankful that I have a wonderful husband to share my life with and love unconditionally, I just can't imagine my life without him. I am thankful for our families, who mean the absolute world to me. I am also so thankful for our wonderful friends who we enjoy supporting and sharing our lives with. We are so blessed and most of all I am so thankful to God for all the love and blessings that he has given us!

I have a busy evening ahead of me...I am going to get as much as I can prepped for tomorrow. I am so excited about hosting our first Thanksgiving! I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!

Happy Turkey Day everyone!


Natalie

1 comment:

  1. You must tell me how to make Cornbread Salad! Sounds yummy! Hope ya'll have a wonderfully Blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Comments